Day 1: Open House Worldwide Conference
Thu 21 Jun '12
9:00 - 17:00
IPC, Blue Fin Building
110 Southwark Street
London SE1 0SU
Smarter Cities, Smarter Thinking
This conference aims to highlight examples of smarter and creative thinking in the way existing cities are being made more sustainable for the future, showcasing more holistic approaches that generate social and economic alongside environmental benefits. It brings together professionals from the built environment and technology, energy and sustainability sectors and Open House cities.
Day 1 explores how the Open House concept successfully addresses engagement, identity and citizenship in the development of cities, both present and future.
Thursday 21 June: ‘People and Place’
Time: 9.30am – 4.00pm
Hosted by IPC Media
- Andy C Pratt, Professor of Culture, Media and Economy, Kings College London
- Steven Cornwell, Cornwell Brand and Communications Agency, Melbourne
- Alon Bin Nun, Curator of Houses from Within
- Janice Moret, Director Open House Barcelona
- Nathalie Weadick, Director, Irish Architecture Foundation, Dublin
- Ellen Ryan, Interim Executive Director, Open House New York
Audience: International city representatives, built environment professionals from all disciplines, energy and technology sectors, researchers and cultural and government agencies.
Free - registration or ticket required
View in Google Maps